View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 08:47 AM

Chalres & Mango,

Thanks for the input. Actually I've been looking into a course of action on the facet arthropathy. I'm having a series of epidural injections today treating every possible pain generator point, facet joints included.

We decided to use this process of elimination to pinpoint the problematic area(s). Both my pain management and family doctors have suggested this and are urging me to reject the offers of fusion so I have a higher degree of trust in them. They both seem to want a real solution.

When I asked for the Stenum DVD, I was just investigating a possibilty. I'm still gathering information for possibilities. Besides, it was free and I needed to expand my horizons beyond Beverly Hillbillies reruns (Irene Ryan was HOT!!!).

Being mechanically inclined, the disc they implant has a better placed axis or center of rotation. Since the axis is more to the posterior side, theoretically it would put less pressure on the facet joints and give more of a balanced center of rotation. At least that's my opinion for now. I'll adjust that when more info comes my way.

So keep the info flowing! I appreciate the input!

Bob