View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinCharge View Post
Bob,
Many on this site criticize Stenum (and with reason), though people like Terry and I had our ADR surgery done successfully there. Their solution to all patients with DDD is ADR surgery,
Hi Charles,

Just to add a clarifier about Stenum. They do fusions as well, when they think they are necessary. I have met three women who live within an hour of me who had very successful surgeries there this year, and one of them had a fusion as well as ADR.

While they have had their problems, from what I have read on this forum, they have given other six people, who are not on here, but whom I have spoken to, a new lease on life. Thankfully one was able to get her story in the newspaper, where I saw it, and it started me on my journey to ADR land ;-) I still do not know where I will end up. but I will be eternally grateful for what they have done for a few people who have now become friends.

I am still investigating all my options, and may well have found another doctor on the west coast, if I lose my battle with the evil insurance .....

trkdoc, I hope you and your wife can keep each other going. At least you both understand what the other is going through. And please don't shorten your posts!

L4/5/S1- Mod. narrowing, bulging disc, significant hypertrophy of flava lig.

Highly allergic to all metals.

NEW: 3/16/2010: Successful surgery in Brazil w. Dr. Pimenta; Nuvasive NeoDisc at C5/6, and XLIF & ALIF at L4/5/S1 w. PEEK cages. No rods, screws, plates. Non-metal lumbar ADR not available at present time, so went with fusion.