View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 04:21 PM

Hello Everyone.

Its perfectly OK to contact me at my private e-mail. aapeludat@hotmail.com. Especially former patients of Dr. Bertagnoli. I know many of you well and consider you close friends, I have some amazing happy memories of my time with the patients.

Its true I am no longer with Pro-Spine as of May, and yes its related to my Mom's serious health issues. I am back at home in Connecticut.

However, I know the Pro-Spine system backwards and forwards, attended numerous surgeries and Dr B's courses and can provide A LOT of insight into scheduling and making the right contacts there. Even travel issues as well as explaining cultural differences. (More important than the language difference), although Dr. B and Dr. Fenk-Mayer speak fluent english.

My husband is 2 and 1/2 years post-op after a three level lumbar with Dr.B. His quality of life is amazing after 14 years of agony. He is back on his catamaran sailing, we were out on Long Island sound tooling around Fisher's Island in a stiff wind 2 weeks ago. If any of you have sailed before you know the bending, lifting and back strength that requires. It's something he has not been able to do for years and yesterday we assisted a fellow hiker on a trail that had fallen and dislocated her shoulder and we were able to get her out of the forest to medical help. He feels wonderful to be living a full and active life again.

Does he still have problems? Yes, he does, anyone would after 14 years of post-injury degeneration, he'll never be 100%, but thats OK with him.

Miracles do happen

Warmest Regards,

Anita
Bio-active bone cement used at all three levels in Germany after osteoporosis was discovered in OR. (false negative bone densit