View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 12:43 AM

Default help with decision

Hello all, new member, Phil in the SW. As most of you are doing I am at a fork in the road. I have severe DDD with osteophytes at C567 and a central herniation/annular tear at L5S1 near the theca sac. Moderate to severe symptoms consistent with these areas. All of life affected, etc. Both Clavel and Bierstedt have reviewed my case and recommend ADR at all with the M6. I am OK with the neck but am hung up about the M6 at L5S1. Both Docs will fuse there if I can't come around. I am concerned about shear forces and migration over the next 20-30 years and how the polymer nucleus will hold up. Had Skype call with Clavel and was thoroughly impressed and helped. Have had conversations with Bierstedt patients and they have done well. My talks have all been thru Malte then he calls or emails me back but not always so have not talked with Bierstedt. I hope some of you more experienced folks can shed a little light about what to do. I know I must make this decision but any dust clearing you can provide will be appreciated. All MDs in US say wait, wait, wait. Obviuosly they've never had fire down the back of their legs for 3.5 months. Sincerely, Phil