View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 01:24 AM

Good question Hanshan. I haven't looked up the other insurance policies because it doesn't pertain to me. Maybe others will read this post and offer their policy info.

I do know that Aetna, to date, has not changed their clinical policy bulletin yet. I also know that there are two companies who are allowing two level CERVICAL ADR as a standard, which are United Healthcare and Cigna.

Are you able to switch insurance to a company that will allow a 1 level lumbar? If so, is there a clause that disqualifies you for a pre-existing condition? Worth investigating if this is the case for you.

I expect things will only get tougher and tougher for us as time goes on, beginning with the turn of the new year. Healthcare is on the decline, as my opinion is educated (I work in the healthcare field) and honest (I am a glass half full type of person but reality is what it is)
MRI 6/5/14- Ruptured L4-5, bulge at L2-3 and L5-S1 Dr recommends discectomy of L4-5 but won't do surgery until cervical is stable
8/2014- 8 months/3 rounds of appeals, Aetna denies 2 level cervical ADR
2 level ADR w/ mobi-c C5-7 Jan 7, 2015