View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 01:59 PM

Hanshan, only time can be the true teller of how our healthcare will look, but unfortunately healthcare in the US isn't driven by care as much as it is financial gain. It doesn't always come down to what is best for people, but what is most profitable for big insurance companies. Consumers can push and persuade the industry to a certain degree, but now the government has stepped in with obamacare, so I project that we will have less and less choices at a higher cost, regardless of what is best for a patient. You already see this in the form of denied claims due to "not medically necessary" "experimental/investigational" and such. Do these statements hold true to the claims they are denying? Of course not. Then how can they get away with this, you ask? Good question. But they do, and it isn't going to get better. That's my opinion, for what it's worth.
MRI 6/5/14- Ruptured L4-5, bulge at L2-3 and L5-S1 Dr recommends discectomy of L4-5 but won't do surgery until cervical is stable
8/2014- 8 months/3 rounds of appeals, Aetna denies 2 level cervical ADR
2 level ADR w/ mobi-c C5-7 Jan 7, 2015