View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 07:08 PM

Hi friends,

My name is Julaine, I am 31 years old.
My pain started about 12 years ago.
I was a competitive gymnast for 10 plus years.
I put alot of strain on my back over the years.
My pain just started one day, extreme pain in lower back, brought me to the floor. Major back spasms, was sent to the ER. They found nothing. for 6 years went to drs, and was in emergency room over 20 times. COuldnt find a doctor that would do a thorough exam. Was always told that what I was experiencing was normal. a year and a half ago I found a GP that listened to me and did an MRI, sent me to PT which didnt work and a PM. The PM did a total of 7 injections since last year. He was trying to get me in to see a OSS. FOund a OSS and he said if i was 15 years or so older he would do surgery. So i crossed that one off my list, Pain Doc then put me on morphine vicodin, lexapro, fentanyl duragesic... and ended up a few more times in ER with dilauded percocet.. you name it...Finally got into see an awesome Dr. who on first visit said when are we doing surgery. You need a two level.
I wasnt surprised,,,, so here I am now, awaiting insurance approval, and hoping to do surgery within the next few weeks.
ahhhh.. so that is the short of it..

Julaine
Central Coast Calif