Thread: MAVERICK
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 02:48 AM

Like yourself James, I'm looking at multi-level ADR as well.

I'm grateful that fusion is quickly becoming outdated. I do not think I will be able to wait it out for the next generation of prosthetic discs which use a coin-shaped bladder filled with a gel that is more disc-like than the current mechanical artificial discs. I'll most likely end up with Prodisc or if I can wait it out, Maverick.

After literature review, email correspondence with surgeons, review of posts on multiple sites, and my own reasoning ability, I've come to the conclusion that in my case, the Maverick is the way to go based on exactly the concerns you've presented in your original post. One day I might be envious of patients that have re-grown discs with stem cells, but given the timeliness of the options presented to me, I think if all goes well I could be happy, certainly much happier than I am now, should I find a US surgeon skilled enough to do multi-level ADR using Maverick on a previously fused spine.

I wish you well with your decision.