View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 04:13 AM

Cindy if I understood correctly they will pay for the fusion correct and all associated costs. If you were to get a fusion at one level (hear me out)
they will pay:

all Hospital costs
all surgery costs asssociated with this correct?

That to me means you pay for the ADR only, if so you pay say $4000 each then the employer will reimburse you 50% of that cost so say you have 2 and it is $8000 then besides travel expense you are down to $4000, sound much better than most people have gotten?
Few insurance companies are paying, I realize it is still alot of money but I think you must have done a great job explaining ADR and what the benefits would mean or they would have just denied you.
I got Cigna to pay for my fusion part and had Dr. B office itemize the fusion hardware from the disc hardware on one invoice, the second invoice was for the hospital bill and last was for the doctors. They then paid for everything but the disc and after about 6 months after payment they are now claiming they over paid. We just told them they needed to provided documentation to us showing an overpayment and they never contacted us again, this was about a year ago and I don't know if there is a time limit on this and of course don't want to call them and ask the status so we have needed to hold onto $10K in the bank in case they change their minds.
Did I misunderstand what they offered you?
ADR L5/S1
Diagnosed with Arachnoiditis 11/06