View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:59 AM

I was a manager of a retail kitchen store chain for 4 years and had to quit because of back pain. I do have lots of training when it comes to kitchen appliances.

I used to own the Juiceman and thought it was ok until I bought the Breville from my workplace. The Breville had much dryer pulp. My old one had pulp I could still squeeze juice out of.

The Breville doesn't need a lot of prep. You can drop a whole Apple in it and its not a challenge to the machine.

I would note that juicers aren't really made for citrus. You can put it in a juicers but a lot of the juice goes out with the pulp.
Citrus really needs a press. I have the Breville citrus press and love it. Especially living in Florida. I can make a large pitcher of juice in little time.

In the last year, I switched to using a Vitamix instead.

You get more fiber this way. Every morning I put some yogurt, spinach, ice cubes and fresh fruit in the Vitamix. Best way to eat spinach because you can't taste it.

My doctor told me that when you chew food, enzymes in your saliva help to breakdown the food and get the nutrients out of it. Some people who gulp their smoothies, end up with a stomach ache because they missed the necessary saliva to go with it. So, my doctor told me to try to "chew" each mouthful before swallowing so you get the enzymes.

We grow a lot of veggies, so I throw in all kinds of stuff. Beets are one of our favs.