View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:21 PM

Default juicers

I used to be a manager at a retail kitchen store chain. I'm definitely spoiled when it comes to kitchen equipment.
It's hard to say that you only need one juicer because really, a juicer isn't meant for citrus.
You can put it in there but a citrus press is really the tool for lemons, limes, orange, & grapefruit. The press will get the most juice out of the citrus.
I have the Breville juicer and also the citrus press and of course, the Vitamix.
Being in Florida is an advantage because I can drive to the groves and buy a huge bag of citrus. I juice a small pitcher of citrus juice on my press. In my juicer, I put everything but citrus and when it's done with various fruits and veggies, I then add some the citrus juice from my pitcher. This is if I want juice. The Vitamix is more for smoothies because you aren't removing pulp which also gives you more fiber. I haven't used the Ninja so I'm not sure if it can make soups but I love this feature with the Vitamix. I can take a raw squash and throw it in the Vitamix with a piece of ginger and some spices and have soup in minutes.
I love being able to make soup this way because it's easy and healthy.
I would say that out of the three (juicer, press and Vitamix), I use the Vitamix more than anything else.
I'm back to making smoothies again. I stopped for awhile because my doctor told me that my sugar was high and the smoothies were giving me too much sugar all at once.
I now add more veggies, less fruit and make sure to add yogurt to everything.
I try to add cinnamon and/or ginger to many things since these two things are so good for you. I get more spinach this way too because I don't taste it in the smoothie which is fine by me..lol

Richard,
post some of your favorite concoctions when you start playing with your Ninja.