View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Can you tell us more about your your diet? What natural supplements? NSAIDS?
Dave, what's the plan for March and April?
Thanks for the diet thread link. Nothing unusual in the diet habits. Take MDR brand multivitamins. Always trying to keep salt, sugar, caffeine, alcohol intake to a minimum and veggies/water intake at a higher level, but I'm not a saint. When being good my weight is 180 lbs (right now). When not so good it's 195. Never been on NSAIDS since the 86 surgery. Always been a jock type and I always feel better when I can get the heart rate up. Swimming has been my go-to aerobic activity and I can generally keep up with guys who compete at the masters level (when the back is cooperating for flip turns), at least for being 53. Still dream about being able to kiteboard again..........

Current plans:seeing an orthopedic surgeon in Norfolk on Monday to review current status, MRI's, x-rays, and just talk. See what he thinks about getting a discogram. I'd like to at least gather the info required to send to Boeree and Clavel for their opinion.

Giving the last prolo treatment (I got it 6 weeks ago) more time to progress. I am improving slowly so we'll see how it goes.

The two right side lumbar prolo treatments I got last fall actually set me back. Not positive why but it might have created a mechanical imbalance. Normally Ross (Hauser) does a full lumber treatment including both sides from the L2-3 all the way down the butt, but I requested right side treatments last fall since that is where the weakness/pain was. Maybe a mistake since I think it can create a mechanical imbalance as the lagiment/tendon thightening is only on one side. Just a guess. Anyway he agreed that we try another treatment to both sides with a slightly different solution.

Also at the 6 week post treatment point he put me on a extremely mild oral steriod for 30 days to try and calm any residual nerve irritation down. (Be aware that for prolo healing to work you normally avoid all anti-inflamitories and steriods. He only presribed this after the primary healling period was over, and only at a very low dosage).

For what it's worth. I drive 2 hours, then fly 2 hours to Chicago, then get poked, and return home the same day. Your first time is scary, after that no biggie, but tiring. Beleive me, nothing like going to Europe for major surgery.

2000: 5 Prolotherapy treatments (successful)
2009-2013: reinjury but prolotherapy treatments (8 total) have diminishing effect
2013-:Switch to prolozone treatments. 2 completed. So far so good....