View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 06:45 AM

Update:
Met with local Othopedic Surg. and got the reasonable standard response. L3-4 and 4-5 are degenerated but nothing crazy observed in the scans. Advised me to continue with conservative treatments until and/or if "I run out of options". He said he would be glad to help with a State side pre-op workup (discogram, etc) and post-op consultations if I ever decided to go the Euro ADR route. Nice to hear and it all seemed pretty logical.

Actually makin some slow progress since the last prolo treatment. Now doing a few wimpy pool laps (700 yds), a few miles on the cruiser bike, and the elliptical machines at the Y. Resisting the urge to up the anti too quickly, like flip turns and getting on the racing bike. All too familiar with the "overdoing it" syndrome as much as it feels great to get the heart rate up. Sure wish there were more lumbar prolo patients out there to compare notes with. If I keep improving I might go for one more prolo (both sides and same solution) and assume that the two one-sided treatments I got last fall were an inadvertent setback. One day at a time

Can't complain with makin it 25 years from my original surgery, mostly active and med free. Appreciate all the updates from the ADR pioneers posting on this forum, especially the long term updates. Just knowing there is a potential plan B helps the psyche
2000: 5 Prolotherapy treatments (successful)
2009-2013: reinjury but prolotherapy treatments (8 total) have diminishing effect
2013-:Switch to prolozone treatments. 2 completed. So far so good....