View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 05:25 PM

congrats LBP! your perseverance is very inspiring to people, but it shouldn't have had to be that way. US healthcare infuriates me.

hang in there... i had a difficult surgery too. i can't imagine those that wake up "pain free" especially with 2 keeled ADRs. how much did you grow? i grew an inch and that hurts in ways no one can explain until you feel it yourself. you become so aware of how everything in your body is connected after ADR surgery. you can also separate muscle, disc, bone, nerve, facet, ligament, SI pain. i wish i was not part of this elite group of company!

if you're still struggling next week i'd recommend "borrowing" a pillow from the hotel if you don't have an extra. i'd also recommend reserving a wheelchair at the airport to get you from the curb to the gate which can be a very long walk (but then walk on the plane)... also will let you bypass security line. you can then sit on the pillow in the wheelchair and use it on the plane. i rec pressure against your incision on take off/landing.

i hope your pain levels start to drop soon.

best,
liz
2009 L4-5 Prodisc ADR removed and revised to XLIF w/posterior instrumentation
massive hemorrhage from tear of inferior vena cava at right iliac vein due to adhesion from Prodisc op
2010 not fused; as a result of complications permanent nerve damage to lumbar plexus causing severe rt leg, hip, groin pain