View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 PM

Hi Liz,
Good ideas. I have called the airline and asked for wheelchair assistance. I will be taking my walker on the plane as far as they let me. I do have a pillow from home with me. I wasn't going to bring it on the plane but now I think I will!

I cant remember how much my surgeon said I grew but I told him that I was experiencing very stong painful growing pains in the hip flexor thigh area in addition to the constant sciatic numbness up and down my left leg/foot. It's improving ever so slightly.

The surgeon said he had one patient surfing 10 days after surgery! I couldn't imagine that! Just walking a few blocks 4-5 times a days is exhausting for me.

All in all I am staying postive and feel good about the recovery even though it's difficult. I do feel like these issues will resolve. I've wanted this surgery so bad for so long and my surgeon stresses giving it 6 weeks before considering a pain management physician, so that's what I'll do.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop