View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 07:36 AM

HI LBP,
I also wanted to let you know that not everyone wakes up painfree, but don't fret. I had a 3 level ProDisc ADR (Bertagnoli/Oct 06) and my lower back pain was gone shortly after surgery, I still have some leg pain. My son had a 2 level ActivL surgery (Zeegers Jan 08). He was in great pain as soon as he woke up from the surgery. Even Dr. Zeegers said 'this is not usual'. However, my son could not bend at all before his surgery. He had not had any physical therapy and was like a board. He did have PT post surgery and one day he woke up and the pain was "gone". He went back to work in 2 months to the day. so there is hope. From speaking to patients and Drs there is an issue when the ligaments, tendons and muscles shrink due to DDD. When you stretch them during surgery, they can be very painful. I had extensive PT and something called Graston Technique. It involves stretching and releasing the above using instraments. I know several ADR patients that have used this to relieve the pain post surgery. I also recommend equipment based Pilates. Good Luck!!!!