View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 08:45 PM

Thumbs up Info For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee771 View Post
I called my PCP, and she said they would be happy to draw the blood work, send it and file a claim for "that" but I would need to speak with both IGeneX, and PathoGenius and/or my insurance to find out how who will be paying the bill.
I am calling each company right now (hopefully nothing gets in the way) and I will be more than happy to PM you with what I learn, CB.
Smiles.
Colorado Babe: You must pay up front for the Igenix, and file the claim yourself. They have several different tests, and it will depend on what my PCP feels I need, so I do not know how much the tests are right now. However, what I did learn is pertinent so I shall share what I learned now.
However, I think everyone here can agree (if you can pay for your portion of an adr surgery, I would hope it wouldn't leave you so broke that you wouldn't have a few hundred bucks to invest in yourself?) that when it comes to Lyme Disease, armed with the information we now have, it is worth it!!

The second company has an outstanding philosophy, and shows great integrity I feel:
At PathoGenius®, we believe that no one should go without the testing they need. Therefore, PathoGenius® provides it’s testing at a discounted rate to people who do not have insurance coverage and who, without PathoGenius® assistance, cannot afford the testing they need.

Contact us at any time to discuss what discounts may be available to you.

I hope you are feeling well, and are still "excited" for your surgery. I know when mine came closer (the surgery that was scheduled for the day after the stem cell injections in April that conveniently, for the Dr because he had never even asked for insurance approval, never happened) I started to get nervous. I was, and still will be, going through all of it by myself Most everyone has somebody else, and I am sure you do.

(I never thought that I would end up anywhere close to where I currently am: socioeconomically, physically-health, geographically, familiarly, academically/industrially. I don't think anyone could have convinced me of this 5 years ago, but 3 years ago quite possibly. Boy, I sure wish someone would have tried...Smiles. It'll all work out ok. Smiles.)

We are not talking about me, we are talking about you and the big game changer coming up soon.

I hope that you can get the Lyme test done, and hopefully before surgery.

Sincerely,
Renee

Their numbers: IGeneX, Inc.795 San Antonio Rd Palo Alto, CA 94303
800.832.3200 650.424.1191 650.424.1196 Fax

PathoGenious: PathoGenius® Laboratory 4321 Marsha Sharp Frwy, #2
Lubbock, Texas 79407 Phone: (806) 771-1134 Fax: (806) 771-1168

Mild bilateral facet hypertrophy C2-C6 and with severe posterior osteophyte complex from C2-3/C5-6. Herniations at C3 to C5-6 with severe bilataral foramimal and canal stenosis at C4-5/C5-6 contacting cord. SURGEON REPORT: Moderate to severe cord compression C4-5/C5-6. Flattening cord at C4-5 Severe narrowing of the C5 nerve root. Cord is compressed, forced against lamina. C4-5/C5-6 worst. ADR suggested at C3-4, C4-5 and C5-6 Associated Diagnoses: Brachial Neuritis

Last edited by Renee771; 09-03-2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Wasn't specific about test cost