View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 09:23 PM

Hey Shogun17. There are two doctors I know for sure can decompress osteophytes from the anterior approach. These are Dr. Biren Desai and Dr. Andreas Schmitz. I know because the international coordinator for Dr. Desai told a facebook group I'm a member of that this is so. And Dr. Schmitz was my surgeon and I asked him that question. Who was it that you asked these questions to? I feel like Dr. Clavel and Dr. Rischke also do this, but I'm not 100%. You can also have a posterior decompression after the disc replacement as well. They literally flip your body over and go back in. For sure make sure that the surgeon is gonna remove that bone spur either during the ADR or immediately afterwards with a decompression.
Sometimes after an ADR is placed a bone spur reveals itself. I've read stories of people having a decompression 2 weeks after ADR because their post ADR x-rays revealed the new osteophyte. Not ideal but this stuff happens and it can be taken care of.
Make sure you are fully aware you cannot delete anything you post on this website. Be very careful with what you post, and consider that while you feel ok to share it now, perhaps in the future you may not want this infromation shared any longer. You have no ability to delete anything and the moderators do not oblige. I encourage you to learn from my mistake and not use any forum that does not allow one to delete content they have shared.