View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 07:49 PM

Hello all,
I haven't posted in a little bit. Kinda been in a "funk". Been looking at posts but just not having much to say at the time (part of the funk I guess) I started back to Vivatek about a month ago after Dr. Personality told me he wouldn't do the ADR bec. he thinks the disc is improving and as such, cutting back my meds 1/2, although pain level the same...

The chiropractor who oversees the Vivatek treatment says with adjustments, he thinks he can fix the disc--over a 2-4 year period. Very nice guy, what he says makes sense. The adjustments are computerized so he can actually measure the vertebrae to see if they are out of alignment. He feels that since my vertebrae (L1 through L5) have been out of alignment all this time from the accident, that is why the disc tear never healed.

Incidentally, do ya'll remember when I posted about all the doctor errors I have been uncovering? I was looking at my MRI on CD a few weeks back, it bothered me so much that the radiologist and surgeon had completely different thoughts on my status. As I'm looking, the date of birth pops out: They have a DOB of 2/8/44! Which ages me by 30 years or so! As I look closer, they have the wrong patient ID number on it to! I called the manager and made a stink. She assures me it is mine and that she typed in the wrong patient number which pulled the DOB. I am going to check back with the nice dr. I do like and ask him to review and compare the MRIs to be sure it is mine. I tend to think so--hope so anyway as they felt the disc looked like it might be changing.

Anyway--waivered way off my topic but wanted to fill you in a bit.. I have to do my deposition next week with my lawyer and the insurance company lawyers from the guy who caused the accident. I am terrified and wondering if anyone has been through this and has some advice? I get so nervous and I know I will probably get upset and start talking too fast and say something that they will twist on me. I know that is their objective--to find things to use against me in court. I had been hoping to be better by the time the court hearing came around but I was disheartened to hear from the chiropractor that it will take 2-4 years. I did also see a neurologist at the same time for another opinion but his only suggestion is to get one of those implants in my back that you press a remote to cover the pain with tingling. That doesn't seem to me to be a much better alternative. I know someone with it and everytime she goes through security at a store, she gets a surge/shock. Any thoughts or advice on deposition would be appreciated! As always, thanks for listening to my ramblings...