View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 04:03 PM

I have been away from the forum for a while. I found myself obsessed with the search for answers to my insurance delima. (bcbs denied my adr surgery back in March and was having trouble with my doctor's office following up with the appeal process). With the help of others on this message board, I think I have finally found my way. I will share that with you now.

Texas Back Institute will be participating in the Spinal Motion/Kineflex clinical trial. The paperwork has been done and doctors have been assigned to this study. They are DR. Guyer, Dr. Sachs, Dr. Hochschuler, and Dr. Blumenthal.

This trail has been going on for a while, but TBI just finished the negotiations for their participation.

My contact in the research department at TBI instructed me to make a new patient appointment with Dr. Guyer for about 3 weeks away. I did and am on my way to see if I qualify for the study. The details of the procedure and who pays for what will not be discussed until the qualifications are met.

I know that nicole (from this forum) participated in this same study months ago in Seattle. Thanks Nicole for sending me in the right direction!

I will post more information after my appointment with TBI in November.