View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 10:45 PM

Well, I am back from my first appointment with Dr. Guyer at TBI. I have qualified to be in the Kineflex study and will be having surgery at TBI on December 8, 2005. They are only doing 60 (I think) trial cases. I will be the first or the second in Dr. Guyer's study. His first two cases are me and another person scheduled for the same day. I know that one of the requirements is you have to live within 300 miles of TBI (I live 290 miles away-I barely made it!) He is currently searching his current patient records to find the right candidates. I walked in as a new patient with all my test results from my fight with my insurance company (2 MRI's, 100 x-rays, Discogram films and report, and a bone density test) and was screened for the study that same day. He and his staff were very accomodating. After I was informed that I qualified: I was scheduled for surgery, pre-registered at the surgery site, fitted for a brace, given a physical exam, sent for all my pre-op lab work, and met with the nurse educator. ALL IN ONE DAY! I can't believe that what I have been fighting to get for almost a year is finally a reality. I would have never known about my options and how to "fight" for the right one without this website. I hope that if you have any questions about what I know so far, you guys will please ask. I intend to keep you all informed as I go along. Wish me luck and I will be ready to answer any questions.