View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 12:06 AM

Default Good question

And I'm new at this too but I think this applies to group plans within the entire Anthem/BCBS footprint, so all states within their footprint. My understanding is the medical policy bulletins are meant to be fairly universal within a given plan. It's possible there could be an exception/exclusion written into a specific employer's plan language. If so you might be able to find that information in the summary plan description (SPD) for your plan.

So for cervical two levels the big players who are now on board include Anthem/BCBS, United Healthcare, Cigna, and some other tendril of BCBS that covers Texas, Montana,* Illinois,* New* Mexico,* and*Oklahoma. I don't think any of the BCBS federal plans cover disc replacement, only group plans. I think for Cigna and UHC two level coverage exists for both the federal and group plans. Just putting that out there because open enrollment is right around the corner.

Does that help at all/answer your question? Are you researching prospective plans or trying to determine coverage for your current plan?
May 2016 to present - Appealing. Summit the couch daily; trek to restroom/kitchen as necessary.