View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Michigan has a ballot proposal for the upcoming election on medical marijuana. I am very opposed to it the way the bill is written. I would not have any qualms for end of life pain with cancer or some other debilitating illness like MS. The way our bill is written is that it could be used for many different things including chronic pain. I am opposed to that due to the smoking issue as it is a carcinogen. The other thing is the last part of the bill says the following:

"Permit registered and unregistered patients and primary caregivers to assert medical reasons for using marijuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marijuana."

This is basically a large loophole that allows anyone who gets caught smoking pot to claim it is for medicinal purposes. It's going to pass with flying colors. Then we will have to hire all kinds of people to monitor the registering of people to use it, watch the physicians who are prescribing it, pay attention to the people who are growing it to make sure they can, also to make sure they are only growing for their own consumption. Tediousness in it's highest form when our State is bankrupt to begin with.

Maybe all drug use needs to be decriminalized instead of legalizing the use of drugs. Treat it as a public health issue rather than trying to control what people put in their bodies. We have become the most incarcerated country in the world due to the failed war on drugs. It is not a war on drugs to begin with as it is really a war on people.

Bottom line is that smoking is bad for you period. Whether you are smoking cigarettes or, smoking pot.

All my humble opinion of course.

Terry Newton
I agree that smoking is not a good way to injest cannabis. The dispenseries in California (and other states) offer cannabis cookies, brownies and tinctures for patients who choose not to smoke and want safe cannabis products.
Would anyone be against a patient eating cannabis to ease their back pain?
I've tried cannabis tincture and it absolutely helped. It was given to me by a MS patient who's quality of life was improved from it. If NJ passes this bill, I will not smoke it, but I will eat it like cancer & MS patients do. I hope someone has an answer about my vaporizor question as that may become an option for patients down the road.
Is Michigan going to receive any tax revenue from this?
It seems like there would be alot of people looking for licenses to run dispenseries and they should be taxed to help our struggling economy. It also seems that there will be more tax revenue coming in and less money being spent on enforcement.

Quote:
Then we will have to hire all kinds of people to monitor the registering of people to use it, watch the physicians who are prescribing it, pay attention to the people who are growing it to make sure they can, also to make sure they are only growing for their own consumption. Tediousness in it's highest form when our State is bankrupt to begin with.
Why would people need to be hired to monitor the patients and doctors? Nobody monitors me & my doctor now, and he is prescribing DEADLY Oxycontin at the tune of 510 pills per month. Should somebody be coming to my home now to make sure I am using the correct amount of Oxycontin? Why would someone need to monitor someone else taking a benign natural remedy when there is no monitor for the deadly drugs most of us take now? I feel it should be between the doctor & the patient.
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC

Last edited by Eddie_G; 11-01-2008 at 11:53 PM.