View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_G View Post
Why would people need to be hired to monitor the patients and doctors? Nobody monitors me & my doctor now, and he is prescribing DEADLY Oxycontin at the tune of 510 pills per month. Should somebody be coming to my home now to make sure I am using the correct amount of Oxycontin? Why would someone need to monitor someone else taking a benign natural remedy when there is no monitor for the deadly drugs most of us take now? I feel it should be between the doctor & the patient.
I know what you are saying but, because it is a schedule 1 drug, it ranks up there with heroin for law enforcement purposes:

1. The drug or other substance has high potential for abuse.
  2. The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
  3. There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.
The Oxycontin you are referring to is medically approved.

As far as your question of a vaporizer, I am not sure if that form is going to be available to Michigan users. I am also unaware if they are going to tax revenue made off of it. I would doubt it if they are as they are not talking about having marijuana dispensaries like in California. I believe it is supposed to be grown for consumption purposes not to exceed 12 plants. That's a lot of plants allowed. I would have less of a problem with tincture and vaporizer type applications rather than smoking which causes it's own share of medical problems.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5