View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 PM

Hello All,
Thanks for the information provided on this site. My story is long beginning with an injury in 2004. The short version: Fell and landed on tailbone with "jam injury" to spine. I have had ongoing evaluation and treatment for cervical and lumbar injury. C5-6 and C6-7 discectomies in January of 2005 with ongoing pain in neck, traps, arms, headaches and numbness and tingling in hands. Continued low back pain and pain down legs, leg tremors and clumsy gait. Ongoing evaluation and conservative treatment of lumbar. I had a discogram in April 2007 which showed multiple levels of herniation from L2-S1. Multiple radial and annular tears at L3-S1. Doctor is recommending IDET at 2 levels as a conservative approach verses discetomy and fusion. Would you recommend the IDET prior to additional surgery? I continue to work full time in a sedentary position which requires 12-15 hour days at my desk. Since I do not feel the cervical fusion was effective, I am unwilling to have lumbar fusion. Can someone suggest a surgeon in Central Florida that would provide referral to Dr. Bertagnoli and care state side? My thought is that I would benefit from revision of the cervical fusion with ADR and also ADR on the lumbar. Has anyone had a cervical revision? Has anyone had ADR at the cervical and lumbar?
Thanks for any advice. I look forward to learning more as I read the forums.

Teresa
Conservative Evaluation and Treatment to include PT, ESIs, etc for lumbar and cervical.
January 2005 C5-6 a