View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 02:35 PM

Freshfig, this place looks great: http://lahuey.com/pages/cpt.html

Fresh, I used to belong to Bally's and my gym's pool is only 4.5 feet at most. Do you think it's possible to get a safe aerobic workout by wearing a waist-float and using hand "wings" to slow down as one "runs" from A to B? (Using leg floats to dampen the impact). Even with this I'm leery of using a pool this shallow to water therapy. Am I right? The check'll be in the mail. (Any stroke maims me for days later).

I called about prices cuz insurance won't pay much re: PT. (Maybe long-term private rates?).

Just found out that the City Of West Hollywood's pool is 9' deep in a spot. Now that seems great if my instincts are correct that swimming/treading water in place is a good aerobic workout (Maria mentioned this somewhere that she was advised of this).

I saw Dr. L. several years ago but shifted to Regan b/c he wasn't doing ADRs then. I liked him, thought he was extremely bright, and he took the time to actually answer questions.

So thanks all for your advice - esp. you Jim.

And Dan, feel better or this old man will whup you.

Allan

PS Sounds like an LA get-together could happen again.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.