View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Banned

David,
I'm a middle aged gal that's had spine probs since a work related injury in '82 (so I was once young and in love several times at least!)!

Yes, the injury has had an impact on all of my relationships, esp, when I was younger altho when I look back, I had a tendancy to pick the wrong relationships to stick with (even tho the guys were very nice), and maybe let a few more caring compassionate guys go by the wayside...

My husband of nearly 13 years was always pretty good about my spinal limitations, but I had felt in the last few years he wasn't supportive of my spine situation/adr quest.. long story short I moved out for various reasons. I find him more supportive now, tho we still have issues.

You're young, your heart will most certainly recover, and you will move on and most likely find someone else you'll love. Just takes time.

Try not to let negative feelings override you, and as you're stating, focus on what's ahead of you and your health. If the woman wants to be part of your life she will most definately let you know (if you're still interested). If not, you're most likely better off~ IMHO~