View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 PM

There is definately hope. To minimize cost with the attorney I recommend that you do as much work for him as possible. That includes printing out articles for him including your benefits manual and all of your correspondence with the insurance company including letters from doctors stating that this is the best course of treatment for you. Basically you do all of the leg work and he brings the firepower to the showdown. This is how I got away with only paying for 6 hrs of his time. I probably spent 100 hours to his 6.

Remember, they don't want to go to court as it is bad PR for them and very expensive so if you make them believe that you will sue they are more likely to back down. Everything is a negotiation - even with the insurance company.

It's a sickening thing to do, but try to think like them. What would you do in their situation? Answer: the most inexpensive possible solution. If that means paying to avoid a major lawsuit, they will probably do it. You could also team up with other ADRSupport members and file a class action suit. That will make them wake and pay attention.

I can't believe we are still talking about this issue in 2007 3 years after the Charite was FDA approved. (sic)
Charite @ L5-S1 8/2/05 with Dr. Regan
Struggling with facet joint pain.