View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 03:12 AM

Default Faith has not had a role

Family support was definitely the key for me. Belief in a higher power had no role in my healing. However, I went from someone with virtually zero empathy (well, OK, I certainly suffer when my kids are hurting) to feeling obligated to give back, no pun intended.

Although technically I help people medically every day, it is such a mechanical detached process that I feel I must try and help individuals who ask for assistance on this web site without any expectation of any type of reimbursement. I learned a lot about myself while suffering with back pain, some good and some bad. Much of what I discovered about myself was surprising. Apparently I was not as self-aware as I thought. Cocky as h***, just wrong about everything.

Stumbling across this website allowed me to solve my problems. I don't believe it was divine intervention. I believe it occurred because of people helping people. Unless I'm overstepping my bounds, I intend to give back to this community what I got out of it and then some. Pay it forward, in other words.

I have learned humility, sympathy and empathy, and in many ways I'm a better person for having gone through the process. Perhaps the best way I can answer your original question is like this: I now have faith in my fellow man and realize support from others can be critical at times.

And boy, is this topic going to be a can of worms!
PT, ESI, SI jt injections, 3-level nerve root inj. x 2
Massage, heat, ice, TENS, etc
L5-S1 Charite Jan. 19th, 2009, very happy w/decision
New back pain in upper back though.