View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 02:00 PM

Hello,

I came across this site while running a search and I must say that it truly is a gem. Very informative and it has some very active forums. Very happy I found this support group.

I recently was a candidate for single level ADR but found to be ineligible because my discogram was confirmed to be positive for 2 levels. Thus the only surgical option I was given was a fusion, which I "DO NOT WANT". I'm still in my 20's with small children I do not want to have to be back in the shop in another 10-12 years (or less) for followup work as I feel according to the various studies and testimonies ADR gives me my best chance to resume some semblance of a normal life.

At any rate my injury is in the domain of WC and my employer has asked about the possiblity of settlement and my attorney is asking for my feelings on a number to bring to the mediation.

It was explained to me by the attorney that it has been his experience that WC insurance companies are very unlikely to pay for any experiment surgeries, i.e. ADR, but I "DO NOT WANT A FUSION".

I know multi-level ADR hasn't been approved in the United States and we can't be sure of any time line as to when it maybe be approved. But I'm willing to suffer a bit longer if I can structure enough money into the settlement to pay for the cost of surgery when it because available. *sigh*

Its a very complicated situation probably just like the rest of your all's own situations. My attorney's estimator came of with a figure of 90k USD for a 2-level ADR surgery. For anyone who has had or is prospecting the idea of a 2-level ADR (L5-S1, L4-L5) does this sound reasonable???

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Feel free to contact me via email if you or uneasy about publicly discussing numbers

ezekiel@ec.rr.com