View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 10:29 PM

Wow! Thank you all for you quick responses. I wasn't thinking I would hear anything back so quickly!

I'm also blown away by the cost of ADR stateside versus going overseas. Whenever FDA gets around approving multi-level ADR according to above and what I have found/heard elsewhere 90k USD probably won't be enough because my current insurance doesn't cover single level ADR and all expenses will be out of pocket having to come from a structured WC settlement; if and when that ever comes to. The surgeons performing the procedure will be qualified but I feel pretty comfortable in saying that compared to european ortho-surgeons that can't compare.

Maybe 34k USD (only a guess) to go abroad to Munich to have a 2 level ADR seems to be the ticket. Especially if I can have it now and not have to wait for the FDA to get their thumbs out of their ...

I suppose the pro of having it done stateside is that if for some reason I had complications I wouldn't have to travel abroad but then again I'm sure Dr. Zeegers has some colleagues stateside he would feel more than comfortable referring someone to in the event I was unable to travel overseas?

It just seems like a no brainer to get it done NOW, and not delay any longer like I thought I was going to have to do because of the FDA. Am I missing something? Is there a huge drawback to traveling to lets say Germany and having the procedure done there versus waiting another 2-3 years for multi-level ADR here in the States?

Thanks again.