View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Banned

Saw my PM yesterday ~ he's across the hall from the doc I saw for consultation on Tues. I showed him the CT film and report and he agreed w/doing diagnostic facet injections re the mod facet arthropathy at L5...

Today I get a lumbar ESI, he said that would be good so that when I come back for the facet injections if I have some remaining pain and the injections knock it out, then you'll know that the facets are involved.

He said the pain is primarily when leaning back and feeling a slicing pain across the low back vs. pain with flexion being disky..

I have pain w/flexion all except when my back goes out, then I have that slicing low back pain and am unable to move in any plane without pretty severe pain...

However, I usually use extension to relieve some pain..

RE ESI before having discogram in future to r/o L3 probs. he said it's best that I'm getting the ESI now because with as much pain as I'm, I'd need to be loaded with more med to make me comfortable for procedure and then maybe results would be clouded...

I wonder what Dr.Young would think of the latter ..(I remember him saying he does his discograms w/o any medication for pain at all)..

Ok, so that's it... looks like I'll have all bases covered re diagnostics "if" WC approves with everything at this point~