View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 03:46 AM
Banned

Well, for my part, I emailed the show to give them a cost rundown/comparison between a single-level cervical ADR here and the prices quoted from this board for surgery 'elsewhere' with a request: Do the math and see what the profit margin is, and where it's going. Also told them that living in France, I never saw a bill from my own cervical surgery performed by DR DH. Even my meds were 100% remimbursed.

The US needs to take a look at how other countries are doing things, and France is a good place to start. It's not a perfect system here, and people abuse a good thing which is leading to financial probs requiring immediate attention, but I've always found the care excellent. You don't see ads for drugs in magazines because the prices are fixed by the government. When we were home on vacation a few years ago, my daughter needed Clarityn for allergies--I almost choked at the price of a bottle of it. Here, I go to the pharmacy, show my card and most often walk out without opening my wallet. However,as of this year many meds are no longer reimbursed due to the deficit created by over-prescriptions and people just taking what they don't really need...nothing's perfect but there are definite lessons to be learned from how other countries are managing health care.

Trace