View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 10:27 PM

I thought I would drop by to vent a bit and seek some advice....

Well, for one is the weather around here. Falling barametric pressure and being a spine patient does not seem to mix in my book. Cold and rainy here and feeling it.....Both low back and nerve pain.

I know that this has happened before, and I do have good days - but when it happens with a vengence like this - I can't help but think - "Is there another disc going bad???" Or are the facets shot???

Even though I'm on the other side of this surgery, I can't help but worry about living in chronic pain (the kind that brings you to your knees on a daily basis) with no relief in sight. Then, some of the docs (not all, but some) make you feel as though you are drug seeking. - The memories are soooo vivid!!!

Then, there is the future planning thing.....Currently, I am in an MBA program with 9 months to go (believe it or not)! I want to try out for some nursing management positions when finished with this program. However, I seem to lack the on the job supervisory experience. Lots of nursing experience, but nothing managerial.... I work in a small ER part time (for now). There is NO WAY that I could go back to the bedside full time.....absulutely not. Can't imagine it....

I guess I am just looking for some input from everyone here for some suggestions to answer the question: What will I do when I grow up???

Nursing home director of nursing has come to mind -

At the tender age of 37, I am trying to figure out my options.

Suggestions anyone???

TTYL,
Poncho (currently ailing from bad weather) grrr
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!