View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 05:00 PM

Ezekiel,

The AlphaKlinik, where I had my single-level L5/S1 ADR with Dr. Zeegers is currently charging 19,000 euros for a single-level ADR. From what I've heard, additional levels do not necessarily double the cost, so, if you went there, you'd be looking at around 38,000 euros MAX. Given the current exchange rates, that would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 46,000 US dollars. I would imagine that Dr. Bertagnoli would be charging something in the same neighborhood. I've currently paid for two ADR's out-of-pocket and, despite the fact that I have continued pain issues, feel that it was the best decision I could have made. I am still able to work (albeit with some pain med's). I paid myself back for my investment with my first three month's back at work (an that doesn't count the tax deductions). If worker's comp will give a generous settlement, that might really help too.

Before you make any drastic decisions, you might want to be evaluated by a good ADR doc and make sure ADR will help you before you settle with WC in anticipation of going overseas for ADR.

Best,
Laura
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog