View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 PM

Well, first ortho said go do whatever and I realized he was crazy so I got a second opinion, who told me he isn't gonna tell me not to do anything but that at the same time I'm obviously having some symptoms and sent me to PT. The therapist is much more serious on what I should/shouldn't be doing. He hasn't cleared me to run but said not to rule it out long-term yet. I think they have a better grasp on my symptoms because they have actually felt the tight painful muscles and such from the bulge impinging nerves. If PT doesn't work I will probably try ozone therapy.

I would take a gamble on surgery if it was definitely that versus never being cleared for sport again, regardless if I was OK to work with pain management. Probably. I'm okay with giving up running if I can take up biking and modifying my weight lifting, but life without any competitive sport or fitness I can't imagine.

About being a writer, I love it, I'm in PR, but I hope to get into journalism some day. Less time sitting in an office.
Kept lifting weights heavily, running daily until December when woke up with radiculopathy in right arm and constant back/neck pain.
Tried PT around March/April. No effect.
Currently consulting surgeons and trying to figure out money.