View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 11:28 AM

Yes it is definitely hard to not get discouraged. I am naturally very worried for my future. It feels like I have lost my youth since I got discouraged about my recovery. I have since found a wonderful young lady, however I am having trouble pursuing a relationship because it feels like I will be out of commission for normal activities in the future if I can't get this fixed. It is very frustrating feeling like you will drag others down.

I am working on being more positive. My parents are trying to get me to see a psychologist but I can't afford it on top of trying to solve the disc issue.

About reading, I love Stephen King novels. I just finished Desperation. How did you like writing for a newspaper? The problem is that nowadays there's so little money in it unless you write for a major publication, and I can't afford a drastic salary cut.

Simeoni -- I think benching puts a lot of pressure on the cervical spine if you are doing a lot of weight. If I can ever get back to the gym I am forever done with anything where I lift weights over my head. After the bench I did military presses, so that probably sealed the deal if the benching didn't.
Kept lifting weights heavily, running daily until December when woke up with radiculopathy in right arm and constant back/neck pain.
Tried PT around March/April. No effect.
Currently consulting surgeons and trying to figure out money.