View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 05:42 AM
Banned

Ann,
I just let go of my AARP supplement and am using my husband's Blue Cross Blue Shield policy for medical however, since my back injury was a work related injury and WC case intiated in 1982 and settled with lifetime future medical on my low back, when I was intially obtained MediCare benefits, I had to sign a form waiving care on my low back because of WC coverage.

The other thing with AARP is I believe that anything that isn't approved by Medicare, they will not cover either and ADR isn't covered by Medicare as far as I know. I may be incorrect there~

6 months after an appt. I had (last summer) I recently received charges for something Medicare doesn't cover, therefore AARP wouldn't pay. Even tho one is to sign a form when having labwork done that addresses responsibility to pay, I was surprised to receive it so much later...

I recall back when I applied for AARP I also informed them of plans to have ADR surgery, however said it would be under WC and I had already signed a waiver form in terms of coverage thru Medicare. I suppose that's why there was no hesitation to accept me..

I hope I won't have trouble becoming insured with them again as AARP while it can be costly if adding on dental,vsion and pharmacy, still is likely cheaper than COBRA which I did for the longest period I could retain it.

Really sorry to hear you were denied... I guess it's because of their position on ADR coverage, tho doesn't make sense if they aren't going to have to pay except in terms of perhaps follow up for low back or any related back pain...