View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 10:22 AM

Default ADR with Dr. Guyer

Thank you so much for your input. DR Guyer told me that if I do L5-S1 fusion, L4-L5 ADR, The insurance company will pay for the fusion part, which cuts the cost from $50,000 to $25000. BUt he says that if we can come up with the money, he suggests two level ADR if he was the patient. So at this moment, we would like to go with two level as he sugguested. It is good to hear that DR Guyer is very competent, that is the impression I got with just meeting with him once. My insurance covers DR Blumenthal as well. So maybe I can have a consultation with him too to have a second opinion.

At first, I was considering going to Dr. Bertagnoli since his name is out there, but after reading the posting here, I realize that if I can find a competent doctor in the US, it would be much easier for post-op care or if there is a chance of revision. As far as the cost, $50,000 for two levels at TBI is probably not outrageous comparing to DR. B.

I got comprehensive and scared after reading the revision stories, but try to remember to be positive and hopeful.
DiscSeel procedure at L3-S1 in Feb 2018 (no help)
considering ADR at L4-L5 and L5-S1