View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 06:06 PM

Thanks so much for this Annapurna. Super helpful!

Although I live in the US I was born in the UK and have spent a lot of time in Europe including Germany so luckily navigating a new area shouldn’t be too difficult. Especially like you said with smart phones / internet now its quite easy.

Regarding the long flight I’m definitely a little concerned. I should be able to get a business class flight but even just LA to NY (or shorter) flights in the past couple years have been brutal and often set off an acute flair up especially if i don’t get a business upgrade with a flat bed. For that reason I’ve stopped traveling for the last 12 months whereas I used to have to fly often for work. I’m worried that the flight from LA to Germany will put me in a bad place going into a surgery. I don’t know if I should break it up with a stop in NYC or just bite the bullet and go direct to Europe.

Luckily I have family and a place to stay in the UK (or even NYC) and don’t have to return to work so I’m considering going there after surgery (If I decided to do in Germany) to rehab for a bit instead of making the long haul back to LA.

On the other hand there do seem to be some pretty experienced surgeons in LA these days with many having hundreds of ADR’s experience. I’m just concerned that I should be focused getting a newer type of disc esp since I’m so young. It’s all prodisk here except one doctor i’ve Spoken with who said he could use Activ L but I don’t think he has much experience with it.

Anyway I’m meeting with two more surgeons in LA and I’ve started the process of getting consults from Dr. Desai and Dr. Bertagnoli and Dr. Clavel.
Last 2 years: Nonstop chronic pain
Considering ADR and/or fusion hybrid