View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 11:49 PM

Cat, I can sympathize with you. I have run up against 5 complete a$$hole drs. 1 who caused my injury, 3 pain mgmt drs and 1 surgeon. I had active med mal case when they were jerks...as soon as my case resolved...it was amazing how much better I was treated and believed.

I find it amazing how uncomfortable chairs are in pain mgmt dr offices, and how long they keep you waiting...I've actually asked to find a room with a bed so I can lay down. I often have to pace and move around, lean against a wall etc...so I know exactly what you're going through 'jumping around' the room!

Get another pain mgmt dr....a good one is priceless and wont waste your time or rack up a huge bill if there's nothing more for them to do for you...I think I had too many injections that never lasted long. I actually think a great PT can do wonder, espec with deep accupressure massage and electrical stimulation ...especially an H wave machine...in CA they had H wave, where I live now...no H wave Sometimes the massage at certain trigger points is unbearable until after they do some H wave and/or ultrasound first.

The best thing my last pain mgmt dr did was recommend a surgery consult. the worst thing one of my pain mgmt drs did...was not tell me about the clinical trials for prodisc that were active back then...so that I learned about them after they closed!!! ARGH There was one pain mgmt dr that basically called me a liar... don't give up...there are better treaters out there.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop