View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
Have you had a discography done?
No. Can't remember if it was my 2nd or 3rd time getting MRIs, but the doctor said a discography was the next step. However, it was only worth doing if I was going onto a more serious remedy like fusion or ADR, though he noted ADR at the time wasn't FDA approved so that was probably out. The recommendation was to live with the problem given they weren't fully debilitating.

So, no. I'm sure that's in my path now. MRIs, consults, discography, etc. So far, Dr. Kitchel in Eugene sounds really good, but the idea of multiple trips back and forth kind of sucks. Oh well. Maybe he'll let me get some of the stuff here in Portland.

My case has been frustrating (for me). Nerve reflex tests generally look good, MRIs haven't shown severe problems either. I come across great physically in an exam. Hell, for a very brief time, I can run and jump, but then my back gives and I'm on the ground with spasms. Same if I have to walk or stand for significant periods of time, especially the day after. But, because the problems aren't obvious during a visit I get a lot of skepticism about whether any medical action is really necessary. Wish they would come visit me when I'm waddling with baby steps due to back spasms!
Limited ability to walk or stand for any extended period
Have had PT, steroid injections, chiro, massage, etc.