Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 AM

Default New Guy

Hello all, I just found out about this site a couple of days ago and am glad I did!

My Dr. has perscibed an ADR and a fusion. Naturally I am concerned about surgery but have reached a point where I am ready to try anything to get back to normal. My work and personal life have been severely affected by my condition. Both of my parents have had lumbar surgeries so I guess its my turn.

I am optimistic about the ADR (prodisc) but apprehensive about the fusion. I was told by my Dr. that a multiple level ADR has not been approved by FDA but evidently it has been done after reading some of the posts on this forum. Can you guys expand on this?

I am receptive to the fact that I will have to change my ways, which has already happened by default in some cases. I currently do not nor do I plan on picking up anything heavy ever again. I would like to be able to run for exercise, perform like a normal human at work and continue wakeboarding, which has never had a negative affect on my back so far but maybe I haven't had the right wreck yet. On a day to day basis, standing up from a sitting position, getting out of my truck 20 plus times a day and standing cause the most pain.

I am looking forward to learning more from y'all. Thanks!
Ruptured disc @ 4/5 ADR
Herniated @ 3/4 Fusion