Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 AM

JW,

Condolences on your condition, but welcome. You'll find a lot of lumbar ADR experience here and a lot of useful information. I'm one of those with two ADRs. My ADRs are both cervical; which is a walk in the park compared to lumbar ADR.

Multilevel ADR is commonly performed, even in the US. However, insurance companies almost NEVER cover the second level, causing most patients to choose the hybrid, one ADR and one fusion, which the insurance companies do commonly cover. If you do opt for a multilevel ADR over the hybrid, as Jim alluded, be 100% sure that you are a good candidate for such a procedure or you may end of in worse condition that you are presently. Also, if you opt for multilevel ADR, be prepared to pay for it out of pocket.

Who is your surgeon? Has he/she performed many ADRs? Hybrids? Multilevel ADRs? Is there aversion to multilevel ADR based on a lack of FDA support? Or is it from their personal experience?

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011