Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 04:52 PM

Welcome to the like-minded people that have been there, done that! I was originally recommended the same surgery as you - just one level lower - by my local ortho in Indiana, but couldn't get insurance coverage. Went to England and had the "same" surgery as originally recommended of a one level lumbar ADR and fusion, but much different devices (M6-L, STALIF TT) and totally different technique than I would have gotten here in the states (neither of my devices are FDA approved). Very happy with my results, and you are welcome to peruse my blog / ask questions! Best wishes on your research. If you can physically manage - research thoroughly before you do anything! Almost a year of daily research had passed before I scheduled overseas - and was very confident I'd made the right decision by the time I did. Whether you have it done here or elsewhere, make sure you are fully informed!
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/