Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 01:27 PM

I just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to this discussion forum. My name is Anna and I am suffering from Degenerative Disk Disease. I had surgery just to clean out the pieces that had fallen apart and I now have 1/4 of the disk left. It is the L5-S1 disk. I have had problems off and on since but nothing that lasted. Three and a half weeks ago my back went out and I have had severe nerve pain since. I have not been ableto get out of the bed accept to go to the bathroom and back to the bed. It is very difficult because I have an eight month old son. I do have extensive sciatic nerve damage because of being made to wait seventeen weeks to have surgery the first time around. I was only seventeen at the time. I am going to see a neurosurgion in the morning and I want to get as much information as I can about ADR's before I go because I want to be able to talk to him about it and know what kind of questions to ask as well as have some knowledge when I go in there. Thank you for any help anyone can give me.