View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:42 AM

I went on Laurie Todd's website and ordered the insurance warrior book. Hopefully I won't need it, but I'm preparing myself. Today is my MRI. In a way I'm looking forward to it, just to get it out of the way.

Scar tissue is something I wasn't thinking about, is it possible that all this pain could just be scar tissue? Or would that have shown up sooner?

As far as my facet joints, my surgeon has never said a word about them, of course now that I have said that, this will be the time that he does. I had to do some research on facet joints when I kept seeing people on here posting about them since I had no idea what they were, after two surgeries and not a clue. I figure either I'm lucky, or just ill-informed.

The last two days were pretty bad, the pain was going down both legs, all the way to the feet. My feet went numb a couple times, but I don't know if that's the topamax or not, and not having migraines is out weighing wanting to find out.

It's weird, having chronic pain, you don't realize your pain levels until they change. I'd have to say that I probably live in daily pain (here recently) of a 4-5 level (1-10 scale) and the last two days have been about a 7. But on that daily level I think, I don't have it as bad as some people, because I have learned to live with it, until it changes, and you realize just how much pain you have been in. Friday my pain had eased up a little, and then increased dramatically on Sat and Sun, today it's back where it was before Friday (4-5). I just didn't realize how much pain I was actually in.

Enough of my rambling sorry. I just feel like I don't really have anyone to talk to here that it doesn't feel like I'm complaining too or that I just keep going on and on about it too.
MRI May 5th - showed "moderate sizd protruding disk in the the left paracentral location at the L4-5 level which appears to a more porminent comparison to the prior examination" and "appears to impinge upon the exiting nerve root"
May 11th Dr Apptment - Told that another Discsectemy could be done.

Looking for Surgeon for second Opinion