View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 11:18 AM

Default Quote comparison from Dr. Clavel

OK, so i got my quote from Dr. Clavel for a hybrid/fusion lumbar procedure of l5/s1(fusion) and ADR(L4/l5). Quoted at 34049 Euros. If i opt for a double ADR for the cervical at c5/c6 and c6/7, the quote goes up to 46049 Euros...or a whopping 62,700 U.S. bucks . Essentially the cost increase would be another 12,000 Euros to do the neck(2 ADRs) the same day.
This is their "all-inclusive package" with transportation and hotel stay for one week after the 5-day hospital stay. It also includes a 1-year insurance management for any complications due to surgery that might arise.
Do these numbers line up with the types of surgeries any of you have had?? That's a a lot of dough to fork over, but is it a substantial savings to do both surgeries at the same time as opposed to doing them on separate dates?

Feb. 2014 - Hybrid lumbar fusion(l5/S1), ADR(L4/L5)...2-level cervical ADR (C5/C6, C6/C7). Dr. Pablo Clavel of Quiron Hospital in Barcelona, Spain. All M6 implants (PEEK cage and plate from Medtronic at fusion level in lumbar.) SAME DAY OPERATION for both areas of the spine.