View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 08:28 PM

Default Adr

Kelly,
I am with you, I have been going after this for months, I just submitted my claim to BCBS, International, and sent them the information from the german hospital (ONZ), and my most recent MRI.
I have had to call them a couple of times.

The first, I had submitted the wrong type of claim, and so she was nice enough to process this on the phone, and gave me a new claim number.
Then I had to call a few business days later, and they said they needed the above information.
She was surprised I had all this, called the following day, and another agent, and she said they had reviewed or had started to process this information.

From what I know, this can take a business week.

For all the effort they put into making you take tests, and use conservative methods, (I am still getting requests for information, about the last surgery, the discectomy) and all the agents you have to spend time with, they would be better off, just paying for the surgery, the ADR, and be done with it.

There have been failures, but these have been documented, and the later generation discs, namely, the M6, has had very good results.

You are right, No One will look out for your interests, they will do what they can to keep you from this treatment.

One other point, thank you for the information, getting the Spinal Kinetics involved, I have contacted them once, about timing, but not about help appealing.
I have emailed the FDA also, she came back and said the M6 is 'approved' for Export Sale only, how do they figure this?

L2-3 herniation, two days before Thanksgiving, 2012, Discectomy/Laminectomy, 3/13 Numbness in the right leg, lateral femoral, gone, July 10, 2014 L45 M6 ADR, July 15 PLIF L5-S1, Not able to access L51 Anterior.

Last edited by Jerry5; 04-08-2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: add'l info