View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Banned

Work Comp has authorized a CT scan to determine how the facets are.. denied the discogram request by my OSS as of yet because want to see if facets are still bearing out well..

They are eliminating my Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (probably because the rapport is good) and assigning a Field Case Manager however, down in San Diego Co. and I'm now living in LA Co.

They want to send me to a doctor that is in my PM's practice in San Diego as he's not involved in ADR trials and they want an unbiased opinion from someone not involved in trials...

* I'm thinking I should go ahead and get the CT scan

* I don't know about seeing this doctor if he's got nothing to do with ADR ... I'll have to talk with my PM about it as I don't want to see someone that is going to say that I should have a fusion after seeing all these doctors that have recommended ADR so far... even my current OSS would likely do multilevel ADR if the thought that WC UR would authorize it or at least I think he would.

* I'm going to put a call into my old WC firm to see if I can "chat" with a WC attorney or legal assistant about what is going on and bring up the topic of settlement also...

* I'm awaiting authorization for an ESI as my back is miserable in the a.m.s and for much of the day lately.. flare up.. usual stuff...

*** As I've made clear to my Nurse Case Manager and my OSS, I still need to get my BMD done as if that is problematic, we can likely scratch the idea of any surgery for now and concentrate further on building up bone mineral density first... (have to find a new primary doc as mine retired in December)...